The Canadian Pain Coalition is a partnership of pain consumer groups, health professionals who care for people in pain, and scientists studying better ways of treating pain. Our goals as an organization are:
- Increasing recognition by public and professionals that chronic pain is a disease,
- Promoting Best Practice guidelines for the treatment of pain,
- Reducing new cases of chronic pain through better treatment of acute pain,
- Increasing number of specialized facilities to treat chronic pain adequately,
- Increasing research activities into novel treatments of intractable pain.
- Developing educational programs for the public,
- Informing government about the needs of the pain community,
- Increasing media coverage of pain.
- Developing our website www.canadianpaincoalition.ca, that will become a powerful educational and information tool.
Helen Tupper and Celeste Johnston:
Visionaries in Canadian Pain Awareness
Article Written By: Lynn Cooper (PDF)
Article first appeared in the Summer 2007 CPS Newsletter
CPC was Incorporated on October 29, 2004